Monday, November 26, 2012

November 19, 2012

Last week in the MDM

Hey! I probably will get an email out next Monday, but I'm not sure how busy we'll be that day, so this might be the last email home. That's weird to think about.

This week has been pretty busy. We had 4 days of Specialized Training. Elder Davis and I instructed on the role of the Book of Mormon in conversion, it turned out good so we were relieved. So there was a lot of focus in the meetings on that as well as working with members and wards/branches more effectively. It was a really productive set of meetings, I think things are going to raise to a new level in the mission if we can all act on the things we've been taught.

This Friday night we went to the temple with the Baldassarras! It was their first trip to the temple for baptisms. It was a great trip. The other set of elders in the ward also came with one of their recent converts for her first time too. And to top it off, I ran into someone else at the temple. Elder Clark and I baptized a guy named Dave Martin about a year ago in Flint, and I haven't seen him since I left - but he happened to be going through the temple for his first time that same night and was in our same session for baptisms. So I got to catch up with him and be there for his first session. It was so cool. It was a simple tender mercy of the Lord, little things like that are nice reminders that the Lord is aware of us and wants us to enjoy this life.

I'll try to send something short next Monday. If I can't...then the next time I talk to you guys will be in person! :)

I love the Savior Jesus Christ.

And I love you guys.
Elder Lamb








No comments:

Post a Comment