Monday, November 26, 2012

Email the Last

Hey family. I didn't know if I'd get an email off today. Our day is pretty busy. The new missionaries are coming today and we're taking the 9 of them to go out proselyting tonight. I'll be with 2, Elder Davis will take 2, and the rest will be a couple other missionaries in their areas. And we have a bunch of other stuff going on. Not to mention I still have to pack.....

But I had a quick minute and wanted to send something short.

I love the Savior Jesus Christ and I love His gospel. Whether we know it or not, or whether we are striving to live it or not, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is why we chose to come down to earth. And once we see that, everything changes for the better and life is sweeter and more fulfilling.

In Elder Bednar's talk from the last general conference he talked about this: "God blesses us with a testimony of these things, and as we work to strengthen our testimonies and act on them, we become more and more converted unto the Lord. A testimony is spiritual knowledge of truth obtained by the power of the Holy Ghost. Continuing conversion is constant devotion to the revealed truth we have received—with a heart that is willing and for righteous reasons. Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion. We should know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel....... Conversion is an offering of self, of love, and of loyalty we give to God in gratitude for the gift of testimony."

In the past 2 years I have learned a lot of new things. Things I needed. But learning things in studies and trainings isn't enough unless we act on it and share it with others. Actually going out and helping other people is how we become better people ourselves. I definitely have a long ways to go, but I've become a better person than I was 2 years ago. I'm still me, but I'm just more converted than I was before I left. And hopefully 2 years from now I'll still be moving in that direction.

The Gospel life is the good life. And life's been soo good in the hood! I'm going to miss everything out here. Thankfully we've been really busy these past few weeks so I haven't had a chance to dwell too much on it. But as much as I'll miss all of this, I'm excited to see you guys :) Just another day and a half or so. Crazy crazy.

Thanks for everything you guys do. I love you guys!

For the last time with this name,
Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment