Monday, April 25, 2011

Baptism!

April 12, 2011
Hey family! It's been a good weekend. We had a baptism. Shoot I'm almost out of time again. But ya Betty was baptized. It was great. She's an 80 year old lady (we went to her bday party a few weeks ago and had some good soul food and a clown came). But her daughter is a member, the two of them actually came to the Book of Mormon class one night down at the Belle Isle Branch when I was teaching a lesson. Small world. But Betty is awesome. She's this awesome lady who was more than ready to be baptized. Elder Kitchen baptized her and I actually was able to help assist lowering her back. That was a cool experience. She's great, she threatens to beat us with her cane if we give her too hard of a time. So ya, she's awesome.
I wish I had more time, another short one. Yesterday we went to the Henry Ford Museum for our district activity. that's why this is coming a day late. I saw the bus Rosa Parks was arrested on and sat in her seat. I saw the chair Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in. I saw Kennedy's car, some somber things looking back on it now. But it was good, there were a lot of sweet things there. I took pictures so you'll get to see them soon.
Love you guys have  a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment