Monday, March 14, 2011

Howdy

Greetings from Roseville! Things are good here in the city of Harper Woods. I'm sorry if that last letter sounded a little down and dismal. It was a little weird to take off from my first area sooner than I had planned, but I didn't have anything to worry about. So things are good. My companion's name is Elder Kitchen, pretty cool elder. He's actually from San Diego.

So I'm in in the Roseville area. The apartment is in a city called Harper Woods. It's not quite Detroit. But we do have a little sliver of Detroit in our area which is nice. Another nice thing is we're in a car. And the weather is starting to warm up slowly but surely. Sort of lessens the excitement of having a car, but still good. And there is a senior couple in our ward, they are assigned to work with the less-actives. Which is sweet. Apparently there's a lot of less-active members. The couple are Elder and Sister Hunsaker, here for a year from Utah. They're awesome, great blessing to the ward and the area. Another cool thing about the ward, the bishop's name is Bishop Jensen (sp?) Turns out he's Kurt Stidham's cousin. Small world, he said he might do a background check on me just to see if I'm bad news. Feel free to warn Kurt and ask him to talk me up, maybe bribe him a little? Thanks :)

But things are going great. I'm a little low on time so I gotta go already. The time limits at the new library are a little shorter I think. But this week was sort of slow, a good week, but just getting into the swing of things so there wasn't a whole lot to talk about in this email.

Love ya guys. Glad mom and dad made it back home safe from Kuai!

Ps, shout out to Sean and Arin. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment