Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18, 2011
Hey family! So you probably noticed but I wasn't able to send out an email yesterday. Don't worry I'm still alive. Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day and we weren't able to get to a computer. I was on an exchange and the school library they use for emailing in that area was closed, I think most of the missionaries had the same problem. I didn't know I'd get to email today so I wrote a letter to you guys instead and just sent that out. And since I don't have a ton of time today to write I'll just tell you the basics of what's been going down in Dtown.
Things are still going great. This morning we went with the two Van Dyke Elders to go clean the temple, which was pretty sweet. We only get to go through the temple just a couple of times during the mission and I haven't yet, so it was nice being able to go inside and do that. Cleaning the temple was actually cooler than you might think. Cooler than I thought anyway. We had to clean at the MTC once a week and I wasn't a fan. But this was alright, I didn't mind cleaning as much and I felt that same Spirit I felt whenever I went any other time. And I cleaned toilets the whole time this morning, so I think that says a lot. But it was cool learning about another side to the temple and how it works. Oh and we got to do that because our branch was in charge of cleaning it for this month along with another ward in our stake, and our branch couldn't provide any people today so we got to go. Brother Orlandi took us and we got Chipotle after. I was pumped to see that Michigan had a Chipotle.

What else. So this is all stuff that I talked about in the letter. But we went to the Auto Show in downtown. It was pretty sweet. Saw a lot of sick cars and saw some pretty cool new technology that just might become a common thing in our cars one day. And if that's the case, you should all be excited. Shaq's personal mustang was there, and so was Nelly's. Nelly's was murdered-out (that means it was completely black). There was a 285,000 dollar Bentley. That probably wasn't the most expensive car there but the highest price I saw. I got a lot of pictures so you'll see those sometime soon.

A lot of exchanges. We go on a couple a week. It's a pretty cool plus to having the District leader as your companion. I like it at least. The last three times were in our area and I had to take charge of the area which started out as tough but I'm not minding that as much. But the last three we'll be doing this transfer I'll get to go to the outside areas which will be a much-needed break. We're starting our Book of Mormon class at the branch building tonight. Should be a weak turn-out tonight actually, we didn't do a good job in advertising it. But hopefully it should pick up. Hopefully the four of us missionaries know what we're doing. It's all kind of in the Lord's hands at this point, don't have a very solid plan yet.... so ya...we'll see

What else, 3 people on date. Finally. And a couple of marriages coming up which is pretty cool. We have a few investigators who are pretty much ready for baptism but can't until they're legally wedded to their respected baby mammas or babby daddys. But this is the last week of transfers (already) so we'll see if I'm in this area or not. I would love to be here for all that. But at the same time, it's getting pretty cold and a car-area would be delightful. It was 16 degrees at one point a few days ago. Ughh.

Well I gotta go, but thanks for everything guys. The prayers and the emails you always send. I'm trying to get more into the mission and stop thinking as much about home and music and all that stuff, and I'm trying to focus on the mission more. But I don't plan on forgetting about everything pre-mission, so it's the best getting word from you guys about how you and everything's going back home. So keep 'em coming! Love ya guys

Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment